How do I get my blood pressure too stop being high every doctors visit?

Questions for which there were no any specific topic.

Postby autoukraine » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 am

autoukraine

Re: How do I get my blood pressure too stop being high every doctors visit?

Postby grtvy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 am

Your readings are high ALL the time, not just at the doctor, and NOT just because you didn't get sleep!High blood pressure is not a disease, per se, but a SYMPTOM. high blood pressure has MANY causes:StressToo much sodium (salt)Clogged arteries (high cholesterol)DiabetesKidney diseaselung diseaseSmokingbeing overweightman, many moreYou need to work with your doctor to get your lifestyle under control. make SURE that you do not have diabetes or high cholesterol. Make sure that you do not have kidney disease. Get your weight in the normal range.. Watch your diet. Stop smoking. Any or ALL of these could be the problem.You screen name says that you are a black woman. because of your race, you are MUCH more likely to:Be overweightHave Diabeteshave high cholesterolSorry -- that's just the way you were born. Blame your parents.But YOu can do something about this by changing your lifestyle as instructed by the doctor, in order to make every possible effort to see that you genetic factors and lifestyle cause as little problems possible.
grtvy

Return to General questions