Is a Raw Vegan Diet healthful for diabetes and high blood pressure?

Questions for which there were no any specific topic.

Is a Raw Vegan Diet healthful for diabetes and high blood pressure?

Postby uvk-td » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Is a raw vegan diet healthful over a long period of time, especially with diabetes and high blood pressure
uvk-td

Re: Is a Raw Vegan Diet healthful for diabetes and high blood pressure?

Postby IGortsevskaya » Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Well if ALL you are having is salad, then it is not good for you. However a well balanced raw vegan diet is indeed healthy. But you have to have some protein in there or you will end up with issues. If you are keeping the carbs down and checking your sugars, there is no need for diabetes meds. Type 2 is cured by weight loss and diet. I would watch all that acid though... vinegar and lemon juice all the time... especially large quantities is not necessarily a great idea. Everything is about balance and moderation. All veggies and no protein is just as bad as no veggies and a bunch of greasy crap.
IGortsevskaya

Postby abcs2006 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Nutritionally, buy two supplements...1) Spirulina. It will provide protein & help stabilize blood glucose, & 2) Chromium pilocinate. This will lower your blood glucose.
abcs2006

Postby themilayaia » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:30 pm

absolutely! diabetes is very high on my mom's side and my sis just got diagnosed as pre diabetic but her case was directly from her years of bad diet. for example: her favorite pizza was pepperoni, bacon and ham, THEN she'd put SALT on it. she is 6 months away from full blown type 2 if she doesn't shape up and also on her way to a heart attack. she is now going veggie and and eating healthier. cooking veggies actually drains them of nutrients. chow on them raw, salads loaded with spinach and kale are best. if your not allergic baby tomatoes ROCK for snacking, and try tomato and cheese sandwiches, especially toasted with mayo.make a habit of eating grain with your breakfast, special k and total rasin bran are my favorites. good luck and peace!PS load down on fruit too!
themilayaia

Return to General questions