What are symptoms of low blood pressure?

Questions for which there were no any specific topic.

Postby molhanov » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:22 pm

molhanov

Re: What are symptoms of low blood pressure?

Postby erepiljv_mv » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:40 pm

dizzy, light headed, headaches, passing out, feeling better as soon as you eat or drink something besides water, and of course a low blood pressure reading (under 110/70)
erepiljv_mv

Postby kobozol » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:20 am

Actually it sounds more like hypoglycemia, you need to eat better, more smaller meals spaced out through the day. The doctor can check you for either low blood pressure or hypoglycemia.
kobozol

Postby katerina1983 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Low blood pressure is exactly that- the blood pressure in your body is low. Most older people have high blood pressure but when you have low blood pressure you might feel occasionally dizzy, weak, lethargy, have your vision go a little 'dark'...sometimes this will happen if you stand up too quickly.I've got low blood pressure- other than making sure my doctor knows about it I don't really do anything but keep an eye on it. My doctor recommended something caffeinated daily in order to help keep my blood pressure normal (like a coke or a cup of coffee,) since caffeine will increase your blood pressure.
katerina1983

Postby Leninskaya » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 am

Well I don't know if you had low Bp but I'd bet you were having low blood sugar for not eating. No need to go to the doctor unless it happens when you know you've eaten and then get dizzy. Keep in mind that hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can be a precursor for diabetes if chronic. If possible, would be nice to do a finger prick and test your blood for sugar level. Just in case you expect it again eat a snicker bar, or orange for quick uplift.
Leninskaya

Return to General questions