Can liposuction possibly stop diabetes and lower blood pressure.?

Questions for which there were no any specific topic.

Postby sd » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:30 pm

sd

Re: Can liposuction possibly stop diabetes and lower blood pressure.?

Postby NPEZ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 pm

if he is a type 1 diabetic there is no eating healthy weight loss cure, if hes a type two it may help, losing weight can help high blood pressure but not if he continues the unhealthy eating habits that caused the gut in the first place. he should amp up the exercise and start eating healthy to lose the gut so theres not a wasted surgical procedure, both will be good for the diabetes and blood pressure
NPEZ

Postby fuast » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm not 100% sure on the blood pressure, but I did hear that it helped diabetes and helped preventing diabetes not curing it though.
fuast

Postby mlbm » Thu May 30, 2013 6:00 am

I am a CMAYes it can change his medical conditions.. Gastric Bypass and the Lap band are better in helping with high blood pressure and diabetesAny time you lose any amount of weight with these conditions you will better yourself in the long runBest wishes to your dad
mlbm

Postby Reflex111 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:00 am

I am afraid to say that I don't think this will work for your father. Although I have heard of many people with diabetes and hypertension getting a lot better or even seeing the disease go away after significant weight loss liposuction is not a weight loss technique. It is classified as a body sculpting or modifying procedure. The amount of actual fat lost is only about 10lb not nearly enough to justify the risk (and there is a significant risk) of the surgery. Good luck to both you and your father and I hope things work out well for him.
Reflex111

Return to General questions