What is a good diet for high blood pressure?

Questions for which there were no any specific topic.

Postby raskat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:59 am

raskat

Re: What is a good diet for high blood pressure?

Postby teatral » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Look in to the DASH diet. This is the only medically approved diet for high blood pressure.Here is a link to the diet's official site, where you'll find information and recipes: /Sodium is the main thing to look out for. Remember that packaged and processed foods/sauces etc. often have a high sodium content- always read the label.
teatral

Postby urist » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:30 am

I take an all natural supplement called ProvexCVВ® you might check that out as well
urist

Postby swissbrandua » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Get him to eat low sodium food.Focus on eating fruits, low fat meals, lots of veggies. More importantly, get him to exercise regularly ( be it walking, jogging or weights ). That will help with controlling his blood pressure and lowering it.I am not a doctor but I have read stories of people who lowered their blood pressure with a low sodium diet, eating in moderation and consistent exercise.
swissbrandua

Postby Fedor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:30 am

basically you want to cut sodium intake and lower fat intakestay away from processed foods .. use fresh ingredients I would suggest he talk to a doc about getting on meds to take care of the problem now.. and then you can still change his diet in conjunction with medicationif he has a weight problem .. he may be able to stop the meds after he loses weightalthough diet does help it will not lower his blood pressure fast enough.. the longer it goes untreated the more damage can be done
Fedor

Return to General questions