10 Simple Home Remedies For Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Hypertension is a silent killer that kills a person very quietly many a time without even knowing it. Heart failure, heart attack, kidney infection, eye damage and loss of vision can be seen in the hypertensive patients. To avoid such complications, the patients should make more frequent blood pressure check-ups. BP should be checked at least once a week and treatment followed accordingly.
Hypertension Home Remedies
Below are some of the commonly used home remedies for high blood pressure. These home remedies are natural and improves your overall health.
1. Triphala is beneficial for heart patients. It is a combination of three fruits amla, harad and bahera. Soak one teaspoon of triphala powder in water at night, filter it in the morning and drink the water daily.
2. Take four leaves of holy basil and two leaves of margosa with two to four teaspoonfuls of water, empty stomach, for a week. This helps in reducing high blood pressure.
3. Include amla, apple, lemon, papaya, watermelon, carrot, onion, garlic, tomato, and green vegetables in your diet. Indian gooseberry (amla) taken along with milk daily helps in lowering blood pressure.
4. Keep fast once a week or in 15 days. This helps in normalizing the digestive system, but if you feel weak and tired, fasting should not be done.
5. Banana, litchi, mango, orange, pomegranate, coconut, pineapple, grapes and raisins are beneficial for healthy heart but guava, jackfruit and tamarind are harmful for the heart.
6. Take wheat and gram flour in equal quantities and eat chapatti made from this flour.
7. Radish, drumstick, cabbage, pumpkin, carrots, tomato, bitter, gourd, spinach, cucumber, spearmint and coriander leaves are good for the heart patient.
8. Cauliflower, brinjal, lady’s finger and mustard leaves are harmful for the heart. Mustard leaves have less fiber content and more protein, so the heart has to work more by supplying more blood to digest these leaves, putting pressure on the heart.
9. Take isabgul in curd. You will feel satisfied after taking 1-2 teaspoons of isabgul in curd which increases the fibrous content of the diet.
10. Do not take water in between food. This hampers digestion.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the hypertension home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products or ingredients if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.
Copyright © Ryan Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.